Wednesday, March 9, 2011

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO (or “Why I Gave Up My Redskins Season Tickets After 45 Years”)

(with apologies to Neil Sedaka)

Remember when I got my tix
I waited many years on the waiting list
I had never known such bliss
Breaking up is hard to do.

The team wasn’t great, but that’s ok
We loved to go to RFK
Win or lose, the band did play
Breaking up is hard to do

[REFRAIN]
They say that breaking up is hard to do
Now I know, I know that it’s true
Please sell and bring an end to my pain
Instead of breaking up I’d be a loyal Redskins fan again.

When you bought in, then it all changed
What you did with money was very strange
As a Skins fan I was ashamed
Breaking up is hard to do

Deion, Dana and Adam Arch,
Stank up the joint and boy that smarts
Yet you kept doing it and doing it and doing it
Breaking up is hard to do

[REFRAIN]

Since you screwed up, I’ve gotten mad
I’ve written blog posts that are not bad
Anger with you left me in such a stew
My season tix I didn’t renew.

I beg of you, please call it quits
No more free agents or ego fits
Come on Skins, let’s start anew
Cause breaking up is hard to do.

[REFRAIN]

You took my Skins away from me
You left this fan in misery
If you go then I’ll be back
Since breaking up is caused by you

No comments: