Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Golden Rule, Danny Style

Snyder's Golden Rule: Them who has the gold, makes the rules. Everyone else's: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
The arrogance of an owner who will not talk to the press as his team spirals downward evermore to irrelevancy is stunning. It's breathtaking. One can only speculate as to why Megabucks Danny will not talk to the press. But hey, speculation is fun! So, let's have at it:
1. He hates the press and blames the Redskins' problems on them;
2. He loves the press and blames the Redskins' problems on them;
3. He doesn't give a shit about the press and blames the Redskins' problems on them;
[do you detect a pattern here?]
4. "Nobody's gonna tell ME how to run MY team into the ground. I can do it myself."
5. "Who the fuck cares about what the fans think? As long as they stupidly continue to spend their money just to get drunk and smoke, I'll take it."
6. "Hey, I really DO know what I'm doing. Leave me alone!"
7. "My man Vinny is the face of the franchise. HE provided Zorn with a playoff quality roster - let Vinny do the talking".
8. "If the press won't help me make money, the hell with them".
9. "Why does everyone hate me?"
10. "I've got the answer: I just gave Billy Kilmer a $100 million signing bonus to come out of retirement and be the franchise QB we all desperately want. Bye, Jason."

The anti-Redskin barrage continues unabated. This morning, it was Sally Jenkins, one of my top three faves, who was out-Wilboning Wilbon.

This is much more than a mere failure to communicate. This is the living embodiment of "The Emperor Has No Clothes", with the major exception being that EVERYONE is telling Snyder that he has screwed up the team, instead of no one telling the Emperor he has no clothes. For 8 years very few (Sally Jenkins being the notable exception) have had the courage to say: Danny Boy, you are stark naked!

Danny's retort: The Golden Rule. What do you suppose the Danny talks about when he gets home at night? It's like: "Screw them. I own the team, it's my call. I'm smart. I can do this. Leave me alone."

The arrogance, the disrepect, the contempt.

To be honest, this Danny-bashing is getting rather old. It's constant, it's correct, and no changes are apparent. So, it's ineffective.

But you know what? I feel better after unloading it all.

Thanks for listening.

8.

No comments: